Nectar is one of several Artifact currencies that can be rarely found within the Underworld. It is preserved after dying in the Underworld. It can be given to characters as a gift to improve your affinity with them. Most characters are able to be gifted Nectar, except for Alecto, Tisiphone, Theseus, and Asterius.
Characters receiving their first Nectar from Zagreus will return the favor by giving him a Keepsake. Furthermore, gifting a character 5-6 Nectars in total will improve that character's trust in Zagreus so much that they will offer a quest. Completing said quest will unlock the rest of their hearts, which can be filled with Ambrosia.
(Additionally, as much as Bouldy would like to give a Keepsake, as an inanimate object he is unable to do so, though he may be gifted infinitely.)
Nectar is used to:
- Obtain Keepsakes and raise your affinity with characters (149 )
- Obtain Heart of Stone boons from Bouldy infinitely
- Buy the Woodland theme from the House Contractor (100 )
- Trading with the Wretched Broker
- Purchase ranks in the Resource Director (50 )
- As a Chamber Reward
- As a rare extra reward for clearing Infernal Troves with a 5% chance
- From the Fated List of Minor Prophecies (3 )
- In trades with the Wretched Broker
- Poseidon's boon Sunken Treasure has a 10% chance of dropping a Nectar
- Dionysus' boon Premium Vintage will give Zagreus one free Nectar when chosen, and any Nectars found after that in the run (including the free Nectar) will raise
- Fishing in Elysium and turning in the fish to the Head Chef (1/2/3 )
- Prior to patch 032, Nectar had been known as Ambrosia.