Raise a Floppa - The Loop
Do you like this video?
With the Pitch-Black Darkness upgrade from the House Contractor, Darkness will also give +5 when collected from a room reward.
'...Born of Chaos, the Underworld is a domain of pure and utter darkness. Sometimes, this dark essence becomes manifest through all the raging of the dead, and all the strife that can unfold beneath the earth. And, there are those born of this realm who can absorb that essence, gaining oneness with the Underworld, growing stronger all the while. That darkness, having taken root within, connects the bearer to the Underworld, makes them inseparable. Almost one and the same. Those born of darkness must remain in darkness; this is one of the Underworld's indelible laws.'
- As a room clear reward
- as a reward for opening and clearing Infernal Troves
- from the Fated List of Minor Prophecies (1000 )
- special deals with the Wretched Broker
- When Heat is too low for Bounties, every boss defeated will drop a large amount of Darkness instead. The Furies drop 50 ; the Lernaean Bone Hydra drops 100 ; the Elysian Heroes (Theseus and Asterius) drop 150 ; the Final Boss drops 250 .
- The Well of Charon sometimes sells the Tinge of Erebus (grants 12-26).
- Selecting a weapon with the Dark Thirst or Darker Thirst buff will increase the amount of Darkness gained in a run by 20%.
- Poseidon's boon Ocean's Bounty increases the amount of Darkness gained from all sources by 50-65%.
- Poseidon's boon Sunken Treasure drops 50-220 .
- Darkness can be obtained by turning in River Denizens caught in Chaos' Biome to the Head Chef in the lounge (see Fishing).
- Companion Shady drops 10 with each summon.
- Sisyphus will give you an option to receive 50-55 when you pass through his chamber in Tartarus.
Darkness is used for:
- Permanent talent upgrades at the Mirror of Night (35,365 for all red and green talents)
- Limited Time Offers with the Wretched Broker
- Nyx's favor (3,142 )
- Upgrading Zagreus' rank at the Resource Director (325,000 for all ranks)
- The Infinite Theme from the House Contractor (25,000 )
- Choose a low amount of Heat as to receive instead of Bounties for defeating boss encounters.
- Choose a weapon which does not require specific boons to ensure a somewhat fast and safe clear, regardless of if it has Dark Thirst or not. A slow run with Dark Thirst will be worse than one taking 10 minutes less without it.
- Make sure to not use the Dark Foresight from the Mirror of Night since it will reduce the chance of encounter rewards; Use the Fated Persuasion dice to re-roll Chaos and Poseidon boons for Ocean's Bounty and Eclipse boons; Use Gods' Pride in the mirror.
- Equip the Conch Shell for tartarus for a higher chance of getting multiple poseidon boons throughout your run and seeing Ocean's Bounty and Sunken Treasure. Sunken Treasure can be chosen multiple times.
- For Asphodel and Elysium equip the Cosmic Egg for the purpose of getting high rarity versions of the Eclipse boon (increased and rewards). Eclipse can be aquired multiple times and will stack.
- For the Temple of Styx select a defensive Keepsake like the Lucky Tooth or the Evergreen Acorn to ensure victory over Hades.
- Use Companion Shady as it provides directly as well as decent offensive and defensive support. Try use consume all uses as late into the run as possible when you have multiple increasing boons stacked up.
- At the Well of Charon aim for Light of Ixion, Tinge of Erebus, Trove Tracker. The Yarn of Ariadne and Night Spindle can also be helpful.
- For Chamber Rewards generally prefer , for more rerolls, Poseidon boons, Chaos gates and Charon's Shop (for direct purchases).