Ambrosia is one of several Artifact currencies that can be earned within the Underworld. Along with Diamonds and Titan Blood, they are a resource obtained via bounties. It is primarily used as a special gift for those who have deepened bonds with Zagreus. Most characters are eventually able to be gifted Ambrosia. However, there are a few who cannot: Bouldy, Hades, and those unable to be gifted Nectar. A few characters, upon receiving their first Ambrosia from Zagreus, will return the favor with a Companion.
Ambrosia can also be used to increase the effectiveness of a Companion, giving it more uses per escape attempt. In addition, it can be used to purchase two themes - Lovely and Sonorous - from the House Contractor.
A total of 10 Ambrosia can be traded to the Resource Director at various ranks to rank up.
Ambrosia is used to:
- Increase your affinity with other characters (56 to max out everyone)
- Increase the rank of Chthonic Companions (10 each, 60 to max out all of them)
- Purchase the Lovely Theme and Sonorous Theme from the House Contractor (15 and 10 each, 25 together)
- Purchase ranks from the Resource Director (10 total along with other currencies).
Fully upgrading all companions, maxing out everyone's Affinity, obtaining all Resource Director ranks (not including non-Ambrosia currencies), and purchasing the Lovely and Sonorous Themes requires a total of 151 .
- Ambrosia is primarily earned by beating Theseus and the Minotaur and collecting a Bounty for escaping Elysium. (126 total, 6 for clearing for the first time with each weapon, and another for the first clear with each weapon on each heat, up to 20 heat for a total of 120)
- Ambrosia can be obtained by completing some prophecies from the Fated List of Minor Prophecies. ( 68 )
- Ambrosia can be traded for 2 Diamonds at the Wretched Broker (it can also show up in limited deals for a different price).
- It's possible to obtain Ambrosia by turning in a Bass to the Head Chef in the lounge (See Fishing).
Ambrosia was added in patch 032. Prior to that patch, Nectar had been known as Ambrosia.